Federal Clearing & Forwarding
1. Estimates are based on information provided to be true and correct.
- Any deviation in these parameters will render an estimate obsolete and subject to change.
- Estimates are for general cargo only unless otherwise specified.
- Goods must be new. If the goods are used/second-hand they may require an import permit. Please specify if goods are second-hand or if it is a temporary import.
- Any wood packaging must be ispm15 compliant.
- Rate of exchange for sea freight is set by the shipping line on the SOB (Shipped on board) date, and by IATA for airfreight.
- Rates of exchange on estimates are for indicative purposes only.
- Subject to 3rd party changes without prior notice.
- Subject to line acceptance and equipment availability at time of shipment.
- Subject to ruling surcharges at time of shipment.
2. Federal Clearing must be advised in writing of any special requirements regarding loading/unloading.
- Pick up/delivery address must be able to accommodate the transport vehicle
- Estimates exclude special equipment (i.e. rigs, crane) or labour to load/off-load unless otherwise specified.
3. Origin; customs examination, permits, pre-shipment inspections, fumigation, packaging, storage, demurrage, detention on application.
4. Destination charges; customs exam, labour, storage, demurrage, detention on application.
5. Importer/Exporter is responsible for investigating and understanding any requirements/procedures relating to the import/export of their goods.
- Importer/Exporter must be registered with customs and provide a valid customs code.
6. Subject to our standard trading terms and conditions. A copy of which is available on request.
7. The payment of final invoice.
- We reserve the right to request payment upfront at time of shipment
- Payment via cash deposit will incur an additional fee for your account and is set by our bank at time of receipt.
- If payment is in a foreign currency it is the responsibility of the debtor to ensure payment is made as per agreed terms.
- The debtor must ensure the full ZAR amount is paid to Federal Clearing.
- Any fluctuations in the rate of exchange, shall have no bearing on the final ZAR amount that is due.
- Federal Clearing will advise what foreign currency amount must be remitted, to ensure full payment of invoice.
- Payment terms available on request, subject to credit checks and approval.
8. Federal Clearing are acting as agents only for and on behalf of Eikos.
- Insurance premium if quoted excludes the issuing of a certificate. If an insurance certificate is required an additional fee will be charged.
- We strongly recommend that you have comprehensive insurance cover in place in case your cargo is lost or damaged in transit.
Existing insurance clients – Please ignore if you have undergone the process below except if your needs/risks have changed.
New insurance clients – Please note that if included, the marine insurance estimate is a “Non-Binding Indication” of the cost. Should you accept this estimate, Marine Insurance will not be automatically bound. Per the financial Advisory & Intermediary Services Act of 2002, an analysis of your marine insurance needs/risk must be performed. Please contact Eikos Risk Applications (an authorised Financial Services Provider-FSP License 481) on 0861 333 312 or your Clearing & Forwarding Representative (Federal Clearing & Forwarding is a mandated Juristic Representative under the Eikos Risk Applications FSP License), to request a Risk Profile Questionnaire or please complete the one enclosed and send to Eikos, as directed, in order for the needs/risk analysis to be performed, prior to the attachment of risk and for a formal Proposal of the terms, conditions and cost of the insurance cover to be sent to you, for your understanding, signature and acceptance. The signed Acceptance must be returned to Eikos. Only upon your receipt of a Confirmation of Cover Document from Eikos, will cover have been bound.