Federal Clearing & Forwarding
We are cognisant of the ever-changing logistics environment and ensure personnel maintain and develop knowledge and skills so that our customers receive the advantage of a competent professional service based on up-to-date developments within the industry. We take an interest in understanding our clients’ businesses, to ensure we deliver a comprehensive supply chain solution to meet the specific needs of each customer.
We encourage importers and exporters to take control of their shipments rather than allowing shipping decisions to be made by other parties, by developing a trusted relationship with Federal Clearing as your local clearing and forwarding agent for the following reasons:
- Costs are controlled.
- Up to date information on how the goods are being shipped.
- Easy access to the people who are arranging the shipping.
- Knowing how the goods are insured and who they are insured through (if insurance is necessary).
- Ability to get sound advice regarding customs and other regulatory bodies in South Africa.
- Federal Clearing as your agent will come to know your products and develop a tariff data base (far easier than always having to explain to someone what it is that you are importing, or worse still having your goods cleared incorrectly attracting incorrect duty rates or unnecessary customs attention).
- Including examinations/stops/special
- Transport bonded remover with customs.
- Bonded warehouse located in Observatory, Cape Town.
Door to Door Services
- We are a member of the WCA network of agents. With over 5304 members in 190 countries around the world, we are confident we will have a suitable partner to handle your consignment overseas.
Domestic Collections or Deliveries
Documents or parcels in and around South Africa.
- Upfront: Payment before submission to customs.
- Insured client pay within 3 working days: no finance charges.
- 7 days, 14 days, month end, 30 days on application.
- 45 and 60 days requires special permission.
International Imports & Exports
Worldwide importation and exportation of goods via the following methods:
- A leader in marine insurance, Eikos Risk Applications (PTY) Ltd will ensure your goods are fully covered while in transit.
Overseas Supplier Payments
- Including acquitting documents with the reserve bank
Storage / Warehousing
- Container loading/off-loading
- Bonded storage
- Non-bonded storage
- Cold storage
- Dangerous goods packaging/handling